There are a lot of different medical transcription services being offered today, which makes it easier than ever before to find one that will suit your needs. Of course, each of these services does have its own advantages and disadvantages but all of them will offer you high quality medical transcription work. This is very helpful for any medical professional who wants to build an efficient, productive business. It also helps to ensure safer, more secure health records for patients.
Why You May Wish To Use Medical Transcription Services
There are several reasons why you may wish to take advantage of medical transcription services today. These reasons are to:
- Cut down on your expenses. You can actually save 40% to %0% here if you choose the right vendor.
- Accelerate reimbursements. The transcriptions are a necessary part of this process and an outside company will help speed up the process.
- Cut down on your payroll. Creating patient medical records is a people intensive process but by outsourcing you can share this cost with other medical facilities that also use this service.
- Save on infrastructure. In order to have medical transcription done in house you will need space, utilities, furniture and equipment. By availing yourself to these services you will once again be able to share the burden of this cost with the other medical facilities that also use this service.
- Avail yourself to the services that specialists can provide you with.
- Improve your work flow. It is important for patient records to be created on time in order to ensure quality parameters. Whenever you outsource this work, you can rest assured that it will be done on time.
- Increase your business’ success. Your business will be more competitive, have more money and actually be able to flourish because it isn’t bogged down by this work.
How Much It Will Cost
Generally you will pay between $30 and $60 for a medical transcription job to be done. However, there are several factors that must be taken into consideration here. These include:
- The format that you provide your dictation to the company in.
- How soon you need the files to be done.
- How many reports the company does for you.
- How many of your different doctors will be sending their dictation to this company.
It is also important to understand how medical transcription services are billed. This can be per page, report, minute, gross line, character or keystroke. Of course, there is a lot of variation within each of these methods that will dramatically affect what you are ultimately charged. For this reason, it is vital for you to understand how you are going to be billed.
Companies Worth Considering
There are a lot of medical transcription companies to whom you can outsource your work today. They include:
- SpectraMedi. This company has been around since 1999 and now has offices in both New York and India. They offer a quick turnaround time on high-quality service. SpectraMedi is HIPAA compliant. Each job is customized to meet their clients’ specific needs.
- VIVA. This company is also HIPAA compliant and has high-tech security measures in place. It is based in California and works with medical professionals throughout the United States and Canada so as to provide a turnaround time of just 1 business day. They also offer a service called VIVA-Locate, which is an online filing system through which files can be accessed.
- MxSecure. This company offers digital dictation, easily downloaded software, access to files 24/7 and unlimited customer support. There is also EMR integration, STAT capabilities, unlimited file storage and backup and HIPAA compliant e-mail in place. Best of all, you don’t have to sign a long-term contract in order to take advantage of this company’s services.
- TransHealth. This company is based in Nashville, Tennessee and specializes in working with hospitals and outpatient clinics. They enjoy establishing a long-term relationship with their clients.
It is important for you to take some time to ensure that you are getting the best price for the service you require. One of the best ways in which to do this is to make a short list of companies and give them a test document. Make sure that they show you how you will be charged but keep in mind that the lowest price won’t necessarily work best for you. This is because some companies will include other services in their rate (i.e. headers, font changes, hard returns, start-up fees, template creation, integration fees, training, customer service, sales tax).
A lot of these companies will give you a free trial. It is a good idea to take advantage of this. When you do so, you should pay special attention to:
- How long it takes them to respond.
- How long their turnaround time is.
- Whether they have friendly, helpful customer service reps.
- Whether their cost comparison is both fair and accurate.
- Whether or not they can offer you documentation stating that they comply with all privacy and security requirements.
How To Submit Your Files
You will be able to submit your dictation via digital recorder or VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) so that everything can be taken care of online. Medical transcriptionists will then transcribe these files for you, then proofreaders will edit the transcription to ensure that there are no mistakes in it. A good medical transcription company will be able to provide you with 99% accuracy and a short turnaround time.